Eremos invites persons to come and behold the mystery of God dwelling within.
From the intimacy of this communion they are empowered to live and love others.
Greek word meaning solitary place, quiet place, desert place
Who We Are
We seek to provide contemplative opportunities for people of all faith traditions and all walks of life to step back from the hectic pace of life and reconnect to their Source.
In the spaciousness created within the Eremos community, you are gently invited to behold the Mystery of God within all that is. As you open to the awareness that you are a unique expression of God within the world, burdens are lightened, clarity comes, and compassion for yourself and others is reawakened.
One description of prayer is “Stand before God with your head on your heart.” At Eremos, we invite each member of our community to “rest your head on the heart of God within you.” We invite you to come in and experience. Whether you choose to accept our invitation via spiritual direction, an ongoing contemplative group, a book reflection series, an offsite program, or a retreat, you are welcome here.
- 1992 Jean Springer arrived in Austin, Texas with a dream of providing a space within Austin in which people could be invited to listen to the Spirit dwelling within each of them and within the lives they live.
- 1995 On retreat with a group of women called “Sisters of Diversity” the thought of becoming a non-profit organization was surfaced and from this conversation an Organizational Committee was formed to explore this vision.
- 1996 We incorporated as Eremos with a four member Board of Directors and received our status as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- 2016 – Eremos celebrated its 20th anniversary, giving thanks for all of the men and women who have supported our mission through the years and have been part of this growing community.
- 2018 – Our founder and Spiritual Amma, Jean Springer, passed away on February 20th, 2018.
- 2018 – April 2nd, 2018, Eremos moved out of its home for over 20 years into its new office at 3355 Bee Caves Road, Ste. 101, Westlake Hills, TX 78746.
Have you experienced the gentle, supportive, transformational gifts of Eremos? Whatever your story or experience, we welcome your financial support!
I’ve been privileged by being invited to offer quarterly poetry offerings through Eremos this year. Our theme, Poetry of the Present echoes and helps to unpack the theme for...