Compassion and Loving Kindness for Self and Others
4-Week Series, beginning September 22nd
Bring Inner Peace, Balance and Freedom into Your Life
“Mindfulness is the intentional process of paying attention, without judgment, to the unfolding of moment-by-moment experience.” ― Tara Brach
As our journey through this time of the pandemic seems to be never-ending with the challenges of a presidential election adding to the intensity, we invite you to let the gift of mindfulness meditation help you move through this fall with more peace, balance, and freedom.
As Alice Lottes, PhD is completing her two-year mindfulness teacher training from leaders in the field, Tara Brach, PhD and Jack Kornfield, PhD, you can explore or refresh you experience of mindfulness meditation and learn Compassion Meditation with her from the comfort of your home in this next series (builds upon the series offered last May, but experience in that series is not required) for an investment of only $20 for four 70-minute sessions!
During This Four Weeks You Will:
- Develop a healthier relationship with your thoughts and emotions
- Be more in touch with your body and mind
- Practice bringing compassion to yourself and others
You Can Experience These Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation:
- An increased ability to relax
- Reduced stress
- Greater energy, enthusiasm and happiness
And These Benefits of Compassion Meditation Using R.A.I.N.
(R-Recognize – A-Allow – I-Investigate- N-Nurture)
- Improved ability to cultivate a sense of inner peace and self-care
- Ability to foster compassion for others
No experience with Mindfulness Meditation is required. Those new to meditation are welcome as well as those who are seeking to deepen their practice. Note: If you attended the Mindfulness Meditation Basics Class in May, this course will offer a short review of what was covered and offer new techniques to help deepen your practice.
Four weekly 70-minute sessions. Each session will include a short talk, followed by a guided meditation practice, and finish with a question-and-answer period.
September 22nd and 29th and October 6th and 13th
TUESDAYS from 7:00pm to 8:10pm
Virtual classes (via Zoom)
Alice Lottes, PhD
Course Topics include:
- Week 1 – Mindfulness of Breath and Body
- Week 2 – Mindfulness of Thoughts and Emotions
- Week 3 –Bringing RAIN (R-Recognize – A-Allow – I-Investigate- N-Nurture) to Your Inner Life
- Week 4 – Bringing RAIN to Your Relationships
About our Facilitator
Alice Lottes PhD
A born and raised Austinite, Alice worked in the corporate world for 15 years before returning to school to get her PhD in Psychology and has been in private practice for the past 19 years. Her specialties include working with families and individuals. Alice began to explore meditation in 2013 as an additional skill to add to her psychology tool kit. Once she began her study of meditation, she realized the spiritual depth this practice brought to her life. Alice is currently in year two of a two-year Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Program lead by Tara Brach PhD and Jack Kornfield PhD. This four-week class is a practicum and a requirement for completion of this program.
• The University of Texas - 1982, BS Education
• The University of Texas 1998 -MS Psychology
• The University of Texas 1999 – PhD Psychology
Copyright 2020 © EREMOS. All rights reserved.